I’m back after having been away for a while. I have
just returned from 4 days in Berlin as a student trip with my classmates. It
has been nice to get a break from school to get some new experiences and make
new memories with my classmates. We had our math teacher and physics teacher with
us too keep an eye on us. Since it was a student
trip and my teachers think that math and physics are not subjects but see it
more as a lifestyle, they had made a program of specific sightseeing places in
Berlin that would learn us about physics and math. And with a lot of museums
that would enlighten our history horizon also. Not that I disagree that math
and physics are a lifelong learning progress that should be embraced at any opportunity,
but I would like to have had a little more spare time to go shopping and going
to the pubs in the evening.
It was actually my third time in Berlin. I have previously
visited the capital of Germany with my boarding school two years ago and later
that summer, again with a girl from my boarding school and her parents.
For that reason, I had already visited some of the
museums like Science Centre Spektrum, Deutsches Teknische Museum, that we also
visited during this student trip. Luckily I did see some new places like Berliner
unterwelt, Olympia stadion and Zeiss-Grossplanetarium. We also visited Deutsches
Elektron-Synchrotron DESY the biggest German research centre operating particle
accelerators which was possible only because we came from a physics/math class
all with interest in the subject which was pretty cool.
We got up early every morning ready to face the frantic
city life. Our teachers had prepared us for long days with a dense programme
for the day, which we were supposed to follow by strolling from the eastside of
berlin to the Westside 4 times in a day by feet. And we did. Except we didn’t
quite stroll but more specifically power-walk every street and now and then
pass a red light to keep up with the group. If you lost sight of the group
because of traffic or other intrusions, you would be at the end of the road literally.
One day in the u-bahn we met a student from the
university. He started to talk to us a told us that he was born in Dubai and
had moved to Berlin two years ago to go to the University. He thought the
people in Berlin where very cold and self-centred and he really had to adapt to
being so much alone when he first arrived. I personally did not notice that
people where self-centred but I think it is also hard to notice as a tourist. However,
I see people in Berlin being much better at expressing themselves through looks
and they appear to be very individual in that way. And that was something I found
very interesting and really enjoyed.
All in all, it has been a fun trip where I have
learned many things about physics, math and history but also made unforgettable
memories with my classmates. I am looking forward to my return to Berlin, which
I certainly will come back to because we simply did not have enough time to do all
that we wanted. There are still many unexplored places to see, good food to eat
and not least fantastic clothes to buy.
Hi Mathilde,
SvarSletI have only just found out now that you've published a blogpost about your study trip to Berlin. Make sure you leave a link to your blog in the lectio assignment. Otherwise, I think you haven't done the work.
Your trip to Berlin sound like good fun, even if it wasn't your first time visiting Brlin.
I want to remind you of your writing skills in English, which hopefully, will make your trust that you should be able to write all of your missing assignments...